Welcome to All Things Tea's 2nd ANNUAL
SCENES IN A TEA CUP EVENT
"Scenes in a Teacup" began on a silly whim borne of the question, "What can we do as a community to come together and collectively SMILE?" And of course the natural answer was to have people create miniature scenes within teacups limited only by their imaginations (and - well - the teacup).
ANYTHING GOES AND WE WANT YOU
Fairy tea gardens, Japanese koi ponds, haunted houses...you can literally create ANY SCENE you WANT in a tea cup. It's just miniature-sized. What can YOU dream up??
- It's creative and fun
- It builds community
- YOU CAN WIN a $250 prize pack of local goodies and MAJOR BRAGGING RIGHTS (like SUPER major)
HOW IT WORKS
1. REGISTER as a participant (see signup form below) Note - if you have multiple people in your family creating, please ensure each person individually registers under their own email.
2. CREATE your Scene in a Teacup
3. DELIVER your Scene in a Teacup to All Things Tea (for display purposes) between Sep 7 and Sep 9, 2022 (12 pm to 4 pm)
4. SHARE your Scene in a Teacup and encourage friends and family to "vote" for you on social media in the week leading up to the in-person event (NOTE: to have your teacup shared on social media for voting purposes, you are responsible for submitting ONE picture of your final creation no later than Sep 7 to firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. ATTEND the "SCENES IN A TEACUP VIEW AND VOTE" event at All Things Tea on Saturday, Sep 17th (final weekend of voting, treats, fun!) (*more details to come)
WHAT DOES IT COST TO REGISTER AS A PARTICIPANT?
Zip, zilch, nada! No entry cost, but you are responsible to provide your own teacup and materials you need to create. There are lots of thrift stores that have great, affordable options!
WHAT KIND OF SCENE SHOULD I CREATE?
If it's family-friendly, it's fair game: ANYTHING YOU WANT. Think about things you love, causes you support, book characters you adore - what inspires you? Building something with purpose in mind is always helpful. But the bottom line is this: if you can imagine it, you can create it!
I AM A LOCAL ARTIST AND/OR BUSINESS OWNER - CAN I PARTICIPATE?
100% YES! If you are a local artist and/or small business owner, we have decided that you will not be placed within the "competition" pool (i.e., you won't be up for the $250 prize), BUT....we will be creating special space in our shop to display your work and you will absolutely be shared across social media. We think you will bring absolute value and interest...and remember - it's all about FUN!
WILL I GET MY "SCENE IN A TEACUP" BACK?
Yes! Consider it a "loan" for display purposes to All Things Tea (and we will treasure it). You can pick up your teacup scene after our main event (the week of Sep 19th, 2022).
CAN I ENTER MORE THAN ONE "SCENE IN A TEACUP"?
But of course! Who are we to stifle your creative machinations? :)
Thank you for reading the fine print...let's get CREATING. We will be building toward a fun VIEW AND VOTE event on Sep 17, 2022. We will post on social media and send emails if there is relevant info to share.